1. Take a Jewelry Making class at The Sawdust Festival. Create something contemporary like a sterling silver wire formed bracelet or uniquely textured copper pendant with matching earrings. Take Mom to a weekend class at The Sawdust Festival where Laguna Beach jewelry makers will show you easy techniques to texture your metal and how to create your own works of art.
2. Go Whale Watching with Dana Wharf – The Gray Whales are headed North and the Blue Whales will be here any day (it not already). Take Mom on an Ocean experience neither one of you will forget with a chance to get up close and personal with the largest mammal on Earth – The Blue Whale. Blue Whale season runs from May through October and Dana Wharf offers both day and evening trips.
3. Make a Homemade card – in The Sand. Are you and Mom in two different places this Mother’s Day? Send her some love with a message in the sand and share it on her Facebook or in an email. She will love the gesture and it makes for a great e-card.
4.Plan a Picnic on The Beach….What could be more relaxing than a day at the beach? Summer vacation is almost here. How about a Summer teaser with a picnic on the beach? Take brunch to go from one of the great Laguna Beach restaurants such as French 75 Bistro & Champagne Bar.
5. Try a new adventurous activity like Stand Up Paddling! Costa Azul Surf Shop is right next to the Retreat In laguna and offers both Stand Up Paddle and Surfing lessons. Seasoned pros already? They’ve got rentals too! Spend some time out in the Ocean and take in a sunset or maybe a dolphin sighting.
6. Create a Mother’s Day In-Villa Spa Experience. Treat Mom to an exclusive spa experience and a vacation she won’t want to end with in-villa massage and Spa Services by Hudson Salon & Spa. Your mother will de-stress while enjoying beautiful ocean views and the sounds of the waves washing up on shore.